Monday 7 January 2013

A belated Happy New Year!

So when is the cut-off point that you're supposed to stop wishing people a happy new year?

Not much of a post this, but there's nothing worse than having a 'Happy Christmas' post as the first thing that shows up on your blog, several weeks after the event!

So what are my plans for 2013?

Dunno...

Oh, okay - I suppose I'll be continuing my VBCW stuff, and hopefully doing a bit of local history research too.
I have made up a list of the various factions I am building up (Blacksi(o)rts, Anglican League, Commies, locals, Welsh etc.) and there are quite a few gaps to fill in - mainly support weapons, armour and vehicles, so expect to see less in the way of infantry. I've also taken steps to provide them with some extra transport too...

Real-life is insanely really busy at the moment, so I haven't got much painting time, although I have made a few purchases recently which will eventually see their way onto this blog.

Speaking of purchases - I have made a Scrooge-like new year's resolution to only buy second-hand stuff, or stuff in the sales. Let's see how long it takes before I start forking out cash for something brand spanking new!

Over the festive season I've done a tiny bit of scratchbuilding (15mm tiny to be precise) for my gaming buddy Giles' Laserburn collection, as a sort of Xmas/New Year pressie in thanks for his generosity and advice regarding basing materials. But I don't want to spoil the surprise, so watch this space!

Ah well, 2013 is here - on with the motley!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet look forward to seeing the 15mm goodness as I've just embarked on my 15mm AVP project :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Jon! I hope you have a great year, filled with more VBCW goodness! I'm very interested in seeing where you get to with the local history research.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! I hope I can live up to your expectations.
    As mentioned above I'm extremely busy at the moment with work and such, but will try to do an update soon!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.