Thursday 22 August 2013

Blackshort Artillery Crew

I wanted a crew of Blackshorts, for when it was their turn to borrow my 'rent-a-gun', but I couldn't find a suitable pack of miniatures anywhere.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Enquiries on the Very British Civil Forum and the Lead-Adventure Forum gave a general consensus that the best way to go was to use figures from the new plastic 8th Army box set from Perry Miniatures.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I wasn't prepared to fork out on a full box, just for the sake of a few crew members, but luckily fellow VBCF chum MickA was prepared to part with a sprue for a modest reimbursement.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The sprue came with the kneeling figures, which fitted the bill nicely - the tricky part was to find suitable arms, hence the slightly eccentric posing of these guys! I added some small snippets of plastic inner cable insulation for shells (rounded off with some Milliput) - I'm not entirely happy with how they came out, but they'll do.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

I can use the rest of the sprue for extra figures and/or spare bits, so long as the size difference isn't too great (these minis are rather slight compared to, say, Artizan) and have already got a couple of them in the painting queue for my BUF, so watch this space!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

 

 

 

4 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.